PPE stands for Personal Protective Equipment, and it’s a critical aspect of safety at work. Some people refer to PPE as “safety gear” or “protective equipment.” Still, the bottom line is that PPE should be considered an integral part of your business’s overall safety strategy. Here are three points to consider when you’re deciding what PPE products you need in your workplace:
1) Determine the tasks that employees are performing regularly
2) What risks do those tasks present?
3) Which PPE will protect these risks?
List of PPE safety products that should be worn for various tasks.
- Eye protection: safety glasses, sunglasses, goggles.
- Respiratory Protection: gas masks (from dust and fumes), respirators with P100 filters (for lead paint removal).
- Hearing Protection: earmuffs or earplugs.
- Gloves: nitrile, neoprene, rubber.
- Footwear/Shoes: steel toes for heavy equipment operation. Check on https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/worker-health-safety-us/ for buying options.